Meldrum Salter Edgley Produce More Recycling Than Waste by 3:1
16 August 2012
Meldrum Salter Edgley are proud to say they are ‘doing their bit’ for the environment. The Company, its managers and staff are committed to reducing the environmental impact of business activities through a programme of best practice and regular review.
For example, recycled goods are used wherever practicable, and employees save energy by switching off lights/computers/etc that are not in use. You may be interested in these recycling facts:
- 1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
- 70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.
- 1 recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
- Recycled paper produces 73% less air pollution than if it was made from raw materials.
- Glass is 100% recyclable and can be used again and again; but glass that is thrown away and ends up in landfills will never decompose.
- If all cans in the UK were recycled, we would need 14 million fewer dustbins.
- 12.5 million tonnes of paper and cardboard are used annually in the UK.
The firm now produces approximately three times more recycling than rubbish. A big ‘thank you’ to all our staff for their efforts in achieving this!